Having a good bath massage in treated warm water can be very relaxing and soothing to the nerves of the foot, thereby making the best foot spa for plantar fasciitis vital in the recovery process of plantar fasciitis.
Massage is great and very rewarding to the blood circulation of the body. It also helps the tired, aching and inflamed muscle relax. You can read more in our article about the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis and heel pain.
Foot spa is different from foot massager, though they are a little similar as both actually involve massage therapy. However, foot spa differs in the sense that it is done in water, hence the name foot bath massager.
In this article, we discuss more foot spa and how it helps plantar fasciitis. Also, we review some of the best foot spas that should be a good choice for plantar fasciitis.
This is a complete buying guide for folks in search to get a good foot bath massager for faster recovery of plantar fasciitis, heel plan, foot muscle inflammation, and tired feet.
Recommended: Best foot massager
What is Plantar Fasciitis and how does Foot Spa help its Recovery
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is the name given to the injury of the plantar fascia. The plantar fascia is the thick network of tissues that connects the heel region of the foot to the toes. The plantar fascia is an important ligament that acts as a shock absorber and supports the arch of the foot to help you walk perfectly.
Plantar fasciitis occurs when there is inflammation, wear and tear to the plantar fascia ligament. This occurs due to excessive pressure being exerted on the foot. This makes athletes and active folks more susceptible to plantar fasciitis.
Inflammation or wear and tear of the plantar fascia ligament can result in excruciating pain and stiffness of the heel, arch or the entire sole.
How Does Foot Spa Help with Plantar Fasciitis?
Foot massage is one of the best ways to relax and a good one for total body wellness and relaxation. Massaging the feet help blood circulation and relax the muscle and tissue.
When this massage is done in a foot bath massager with your feet totally immersed in the treated water, it helps reduce inflammation of the plantar fascia ligament.
The combination of massage therapy with treatment received from the water totally alleviates pain and gives you a big jump start in the recovery process.
Essential oils can also be added during the foot spa and the essential oil is also a good product for reducing pain. The foot spa can also be treated with Epsom salt which is a good one to relax the nerves of the foot and gives refreshing feelings.
Check also: Best foot spa for arthritis
Top 10 Best Foot Spa for Plantar Fasciitis and Heel pain
Are you looking for the best foot spa suitable for relieving plantar fasciitis and heel pain? Here is the list of top ten foot spas for plantar fasciitis. Please note that this list is in no particular order.
- 6 Pressure massage node/rollers
- Heating capability of up to 118 degrees Fahrenheit
- 3 massage mode – vibration, bubbles and Massage rollers
- Control Panel and LCD for monitoring
- Compatible with Epson Salt and Essential Oil
Belmint is one of the popular makers of foot massagers and this product is one of our top pick for the best foot spa for plantar fasciitis.
The convenience the user will get is one of the best things about the foot spa massager; coupled with the fact that it is compatible with Epson salt and essential oil which is very essential in plantar fasciitis treatment.
It also has three massage modes that can be used independently or together – vibration bubbles and massage. The in-built heater will also help get the water to your preferred temperature.
- Motorized massage rollers
- In-built PTC Heater
- Fits up to a Men’s size US-14
- Bubble, Massage and Heat function
- Control Panel and LCD for monitoring
The foot spa massager is equipped with automatic motorized rollers for better massage, targeting the acupuncture points in the sole to relieve various foot pains like plantar fasciitis.
It has rotating massage nodes at the heel region of where you will place your feet. This makes it perfectly massage plantar fascia tissue and thereby relieving plantar fasciitis.
The in-built PTC heater gets the water into the required temperature very fast and also helps maintain a constant temperature. It is easy to operate and one of the best foot spa for plantar fasciitis.
Read also: Best foot spa for swollen feet
- 3-in-1 spa function – Vibration, Bubbles and Heating function
- In-built PTC Heater
- 4 removable massaging rollers
- Approved by the FDA
- LCD screen for temperature and working mode display
The only function we don’t like is the non-motorized roller, so if you do not mind gliding your feet on the roller yourself, this product is just a perfect one and one of the best foot spa for plantar fasciitis.
It is made with four removable non-motorized rollers and strategically put in a position that ensures the sole of the foot is correctly massaged. No part of the sole will be left out including the heel, arch, and the toes.
The foot spa is large enough to accommodate users with large feet. It is also deep for foot and ankle spa, though it cannot reach the calf level of the leg.
- 3 automatic roller massage modes
- It is compatible with essential oils, Epsom salts, or foot soak solution
- Heating function, bubbles, and vibration also included
- In-built heater for faster water heating.
This is also a good foot spa for swollen and sore feet, plantar fasciitis, dry skin, hard calluses, and cracked heels. It is also a great choice for you if you want to kick back and relax after a long day at work.
You will also like its ease of usage. The drainage system makes it very easy to clean after use because the disposal of the used water is made really convenient. Its different massage mode can also be controlled on the control panel that is easily accessible.
Also, it has other important features necessary to be found in a foot spa such as an in-built heater, massage rollers, vibration function and bubbles for perfect relaxation of the foot muscle. The foot spa is also Amazon’s choice under foot spa category
- 1-minute fast steaming
- One-touch operation
- 4 rows of shiatsu pedicure rollers
- 10/20 minutes automatic off
- Adjustable steam level temperature.
This foot spa makes use of steam instead of water. It is very easy to use and requires just little quantity of water to be stored into its water tank. The spa machine heats the water, turns it to steam and injects it into the foot bath space.
The level of the steam can be adjusted to your desired temperature – low, medium and high. The foot bath massager can also be timed, select between 10/20 minutes auto-off function.
Its massage rollers can be detached if you so wish. The rollers are structured to target every part of the sole for an effective massage to relax foot muscles and improve blood circulation.
- Quality PTC heating semiconductor
- ETL certificate with electric leakage protection
- Body made of high-quality plastic
- Two active massage rollers – non-motorized
- Knob control function
The foot spa massager is one of the best for plantar fasciitis and heel pain. It helps relieve tired, sore, swollen and aching foot through proper massage from the rollers and its compatibility with foot treatments like Epson salt and essential oil.
All-in-one because you get all the spa features in the foot bath massager – heating therapy, oxygen bubbles massage, high-frequency vibration massage.
What we do not like is the absence of a control panel and display screen. The massage mode is controlled by a knob and the mode combination you want can easily be selected through the knob.
It is very popular among buyers and it’s a good one for plantar fasciitis.
- Adjustable massage time
- Adjustable temperature
- Drainage pipe for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Wheels for easy movement around the house.
A little costly foot spa but gives you everything you need in one product. You will enjoy a great foot spa session for plantar fasciitis feet in a conducive and convenient manner. All you need are your feet and the machine takes care of the rest.
It has motorized massage rollers, so you don’t have to glide your feet but can control the level of massage with how hard you press your feet on the rollers.
The water temperature can also be adjusted. Its infrared light kills the germs to leave your feet completely healthy while the pumice stone it comes along with can also be used to remove dead skin.
It is very easy to use and one of the best foot spa for plantar fasciitis, tired, swollen and aching feet.
- Multi-Rollers and Infrared Heating
- 4-in-1 function – heating, massage, air bubbles, and infrared functions
- Fit up to 15-inches feet
- Control panel and LCD Screen.
Carevas Foot Spa Massager is also a popular foot bath massager with the uniqueness of 14 rollers. The rollers are quite small in size and distributed strategically so that all the sole receive good shiatsu massage.
It doesn’t only give a good massage, it perfectly heats the spa water to your desired temperature for an effective spa session. Also, it creates oxygenated bubbles that give you refreshing feelings and enhance better sleep.
The foot spa is great for home-use one of the best foot spas for plantar fasciitis. It can also be used for better relaxation after a tiring day and improves blood flow.
Also suitable for folks with large feet as it is recommended for 15 inches feet. You will also like features like heating, massage, air bubbles and infrared functions that relieve fatigue and care the feet.
- Motorized rollers
- Compatibility with Epson salt and essential oil
- Pumice stone for removing dead skin
- Adjustable water temperature with an in-built heater
- Easy to reach control panel and LCD screen.
Foot spa bath massagers are good at pampering the foot and giving the best relaxing feeling to the foot muscle. This foot spa massager is one of the best you can get for plantar fasciitis, achy heels, toes, arches, and ankles.
Good shiatsu massage combined with vibration function can be very rewarding to blood circulation in the feet and the entire body. You get both features in this foot spa, added with heating function for therapeutic warmth to your feet.
Its rollers are motorized to reduce the stress of having to glide your feet on the rollers, unlike the non-motorized ones. The oxygenated bubbles can be suitable for relaxing the feet and treating insomnia. Ivation is one of the best foot spas and we recommend it for plantar fasciitis and heel pain.
- It can be used with essential oils or foot salts.
- It is equipped with both massage nodes and rollers
- Easy to control through its control panel and LCD screen
- Deep for foot, ankle and calf spa.
You can own this beautiful n duality foot spa to give your feet the best pampering after the hectic day’s work. It is suitable for athletes and active folks.
ArtNaturals Foot Spa has non-motorized rollers but equipped with an in-built PTC heater to get the temperature of your water into set temperature.
Those who work on their feet all day and athletes especially the runners are susceptible to plantar fasciitis and trust me, this is also one of the best products you can go for especially if you are on a budget.
It is popular among buyers as it has a lot of reviews on Amazon. Over 1200 ratings on Amazon and an average of 4.1 of 5-stars shows how previous buyers were impressed with the product.
Causes and Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
- Overweight/Obese: Being overweight puts added pressure on the foot thereby causing more stress which might lead to inflammation of plantar fascia ligament.
- Active folks / Athletes: Are you a long-distance runner or other sport that requires you to use much of your feet? You are at a high risk of developing plantar fasciitis. See also our article: best foot massager for runners. Also, if you work in a place that requires you to stand on your feet for a very long time, especially the factory workers, you also have a high chance of having plantar fasciitis.
- Pregnant Women: Pregnancy adds to the weight of women especially during the later stage and this makes them more susceptible to plantar fasciitis.
- Age Factor: Men and women of 40years and above are also at risk of getting plantar fasciitis.
- Structure of the Foot: People with flat foot and high arches may also develop plantar fasciitis due to their foot structural problems. Read about: Best foot massager for high arches.
- Improper Shoe Size: Wearing a too tight and too lose shoe can also inflame plantar fascia ligament. If your shoe does not have good soles and proper arch support can also result in plantar fasciitis.
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
Do you feel either sharp or dull pain at the heel of your feet or the bottom of the arch? Plantar fasciitis will most likely affect the bottom of the foot, either one foot or few times both feet.
The pain does not just come at once, it is always a gradual process. You might feel this burning sensation at the bottom on the foot from the heel region outward. Plantar fasciitis pain is hardly felt at the toes.
Furthermore, pain resulting from plantar fasciitis is always felt more in the morning especially with your first step leaving the bed. You will feel this burning sensation and sharp pain that makes you quickly draw your legs back.
Also, people with plantar fasciitis don’t usually feel pain during active exercises but after it. so, if you experience these symptoms, you probably have plantar fasciitis.
Other Home Treatment Procedures for Plantar Fasciitis
A good foot spa massage can be rewarding and when combined with other treatment options surely makes the recovery process a fast one. Here are other home treatment options for plantar fasciitis:
- Plantar Fasciitis Support Brace: Getting the best night splint, compression sleeve, and ankle brace to properly support the foot is a good step in the treatment of plantar fasciitis. Night splints are suitable at keeping the feet at the required angle to stretch the plantar fascia tissues all through the night to prevent morning pain. Compression sleeves and ankle braces are more used during the day for support and compression of the foot. Select the best plantar fasciitis support brace here on Amazon.
- RICE Therapy: This simply involves Resting the foot, Icing to reduce inflammation, Compression for blood and nutrient circulation to affected area and Elevation to also reduce inflammation. Rice therapy is one of the treatment procedures to hasten plantar fasciitis recovery.
- Exercise: There are exercised that help soothes plantar fasciitis and heel pain. The plantar fasciitis stretches help strengthen the plantar fascia muscles and ensure a faster recovery.