People get massage for many reasons. According to the AMTA Consumer Survey, 67% of individuals studies asserted their main reason for receiving a massage in the previous 12 months was medical (41%) or stress (26%) related.
A growing body of research supports the health benefits of massage therapy for conditions such as stress, fibromyalgia, low-back pain and more. Some prefer to be massaged by a professional, while some may want to do it at home themselves. In fact, some people need massage on daily basis, this means those set of people will have to get the best massager and enjoy the soothing relief at home.
Whatever reason it may be for one to get a massage, the importance of a good massage cannot be over emphasized. There are many reasons you might want to get massage.
Reason to Get a Massage
The following are some of the reasons to get a Massage
- Relieve Stress and Anxiety: Massage Provides a soothing relief that help to relief you of stress and anxiety. It can help your mind settle and get you focused on being more productive.
- Relieve postoperative pain: Condition of tissue injury together with muscle spasm after surgery, can be improved by regular massage.
- Manage low-back pain: Massage help you relief the lover back bone. So getting a massage on your lover back will relief you of pain associated with stretching your back muscle all the time.
- Help fibromyalgia pain: Fibromyalgiais a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal painaccompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. It is believed that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain processes pain Getting a massage will help your brain process the feeling in a positive way, get rid of the anxiety associated with the sensation and help you relax better
- Reduce muscle tension: Tension and pull on your muscle after sports and other aerobic activities can be manages by a soothing massage. Especially for runners and other athletes
- Enhance exercise performance: Massage will help your muscle relax better, thereby preparing it to function better during aerobic activities and other exercises.
- Relieve tension headaches and migraine frequency: When you have a stressful day, it is not uncommon to feel headache and migraine which may prevent you from having a good night sleep, getting a massage will relief you of headache, migraine and help you sleep better.
- Ease symptoms of depression: Anxiety sometimes lead to depression. Since massage helps take care of your anxiety, it therefore indirectly ease the symptoms of depression.
- Improve cardiovascular health: Condition that affect the structure of the heart can easily be improved with massage. Massage help improve blood circulation thereby enhancing your hear to perform optimally.
- Reduce pain of osteoarthritis: This is a form of degenerative joint pain caused by wear and tear on your joints. As you age, the cartilage that cushions your joints starts to wear down, causing the bones to rub together. The bone-on-bone action leads to inflammation of the joints. This condition can easily be improved by getting a soothing massage regularly.
- Decrease rheumatoid arthritis pain: causes joint inflammation and pain. It happens when the immune system doesn’t work properly and attacks lining of the joints (called the synovium). The disease commonly affects the hands, knees or ankles, and usually the same joint on both sides of the body.
- Temper effects of dementia: Dementia is a general term for loss of memory, language, problem-solving and other thinking abilities that are severe enough to interfere with daily life. Alzheimer’sis the most common cause of dementia.
- Promote relaxation and lower blood pressure: Massage promotes blood circulation which help you relax and lower a high blood pressure.
- Help chronic neck pain: One of the reasons to get a massage pillow. Getting a massage on your neck will take care of neck pain.
- Increase range of motion: During massage, joints, bones and cartilage are enhance to perform optimally, this eventually help increase their range of motion.
- Improve quality of life in hospice care: Hospice care is a type of health care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill patient’s pain and symptoms and attending to their emotional and spiritual needs at the end of life. Since hospice care prioritizes comfort and quality of life by reducing pain and suffering, massage is a very good way of achieving this.
Recommended Reading: Benefit of Spa Massage for Wellness.
What is needed for Massage
Not everyone has the luxury of time to visit the spa every time there is need for massage. This set of people prefers to do it by themselves.
To enjoy all these benefits a massage has to offer, your therapist might recommend a lot of device for you. This recommendation is a function of your need, preferences and finance.
Why Might a Chiropractor Recommend a Massage Pillow?
A doctor or chiropractor may recommend a massage pillow for several reasons. The first is that they help people to destress and relax. However, there are medical reasons to use them as well. Part of chiropractic treatment can include massage therapy. It is a holistic and non-invasive treatment method that many patients find beneficial and enjoyable. Not only does it have physical benefits, but it can help improve a patient’s mental state.
Massage has many health benefits, and individuals often find that using a massage pillow in the comfort of their own home helps assuage symptoms.
Again, a massage pillow is not an adequate replacement for professional massage therapy, but rather a supplementary way to seek relief at home. If you are currently undergoing treatment with a licensed masseuse for a medical condition, it is best to discuss whether or not you should use a massage pillow. If you have suffered an injury or endured trauma to an area of soft tissue, your doctor or massage therapist may recommend against purchasing one.
Other Benefits of Using a Massage Pillow
In addition to the muscle relief that massage pillows offer, there are many other benefits that many individuals report after using them. Some user testify to a reduction in the occurrence of headaches and migraine, improved sleep, improved range of motion, decreased inflammation, alleviation of pregnancy discomfort, and improved mood for those that are often depressed.
Massage pillows particularly help those who have issues with anxiety and depression, and they can also improve immunity. Experts submitted that massage helps boost patients’ white blood cell count, helping the body fight and repel disease and illness. It has also been shown that massage can help increase energy levels.
Considering many benefits a massage pillow has to offer, which comes with little proven risk, it is in the best interest of every one to get the best massage pillow.